Benefits of CEREC®
Crowns protect damaged, cracked, or broken teeth by helping restore your natural tooth’s size and shape. CEREC® (Chairside Economical Restoration of Esthetic Ceramics, or CEramic REConstruction) Same-Day Crowns allow our doctors to plan, produce, and insert an individual ceramic crown during your first (and only) appointment, using a digital impression. Indeed, CEREC® allows you to be in and out of our office in one visit, complete with a new, permanent, all-ceramic crown and restored smile.
6 Great Benefits of CEREC®
- Fast – Crafting and placing your crown in just one visit is not an exaggeration. All in a day’s work, we’ll take a digital impression of your tooth and send it to our in-office CEREC® machine which immediately designs a dental crown and sends it to our milling machine. Once your replacement crown is complete, we’ll fit it on your tooth, make any necessary adjustments, and send you on your way!
- Convenient – CEREC® crowns look as nice and natural as traditional crowns, yet they take a fraction of the time and effort required of their counterparts. There’s no waiting days or weeks for crowns to be made which also eliminates the burden of multiple-visit scheduling.
- Reliable – Boasting two decades of clinical research and practical experience to support its success, the CEREC® single visit approach has been used to preform more than eight million restorations worldwide. Our doctors use high-quality ceramic material to match the natural color of your teeth as they implement the advanced CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing) system: a camera, computer and milling machine.
- Precise – Our doctors use a special camera to take accurate impressions of your damaged tooth which is transferred and displayed on a color computer monitor where they apply CAD tech to design the restoration. The CAM automatically creates a flawless restoration for your tooth.
- Comfortable – Since the CEREC® approach is done in one sitting, there is only one numbing process and one placement process. This requires fewer injections than the placement of traditional crowns. What’s more, CEREC® patients are not sent home with a temporary crown, thus removing any possibility of discomfort that can result from leaving the tooth vulnerable. CEREC® technology makes it possible for us to preserve more of your original tooth, unlike traditional crown methods which require the majority of your tooth be removed. Our patients find that less drilling is quite thrilling,
- Durable – If you are wondering if the speed of the CEREC® method might reduce the quality of our crowns, nothing could be further from the truth. In fact, CEREC® crowns are made of an advanced ceramic composite that contains alumina – its variants being sapphire and ruby – which ranks just under diamonds on the hardness scale. In the constructing of your replacement tooth, alumina is softened by blending with other ingredients, giving it a translucency that looks like your natural enamel and a durability that lasts a lifetime yet isn’t so hard that it wears away your natural neighboring teeth.
Quick, convenient, and made to last a lifetime, CEREC® Same-Day Dental Crowns have proven to be a game changer when it comes to saving smiles and restoring teeth on the go. We guarantee a comfortable fit and natural look as we customize your crown in just one day.